Monday, August 4, 2008

Potty training @ 20 months?!?!?!

Yesterday, Drew disappeared from the family room for a minute. I went looking for him and found him standing by the powder room door pointing at it. I proceeded to open it for him and followed him in; before I knew it he lifted the toilet seat. I was so shocked that I ran out into the kitchen to ask my mom and Dave what I should do. Mom said to put him on there if he wanted to try it. I asked him if he needed to go poopy?? (yes, I said that, and I know many of you find that hilarious). He said, "Yea." That's his version of 'Yes.'

He actually got on the toilet with his pants around his ankles then he looked up at me like, "What now?" We sat there for a minute and then he was "done." Before I put up his diaper, he grabbed toilet paper and proceeded to wipe his butt. Now, I realize that it would be much more interesting if he had actually gone to the bathroom, but he's only 20 months old...this was an impressive move on his part. RIGHT?!?!

I can't leave out that fact that right after I was bragging on him, Dave told me that earlier in the day that when he was in the bathroom, Drew came in to "check things out." Drew then tried to paw at the stream he saw. Dave will kill me for sharing this story, but it's too funny not to share. It shows how the simulated potty training might not be that big of a deal after all.

I suppose that being home with mommy and the dogs all summer might have contributed to him wanting to sit on the potty like a girl. I couldn't trust him alone to roam the house while I used the facilities. Have I ruined him?!?! Nonetheless, we purchased a training potty today with plans to set up shop in the powder room ASAP. My parents are extremely happy now to have 2 extra free-loading adults, 2 dogs, a 20 month old, and a training potty in their brand new house.

On another note, check out this blog! My friend, Billy, and his wife had triplets about 3 weeks ago. Billy is Teri's big brother for those of you who know Teri. It's an amazing chronicle of their journey. It makes you want to not complain about ANYTHING!
http://leszigscrambledeggs.blogspot.com/search?q

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Zeigler trio is amazing! No waving at streams of urine yet, but I'm sure Billy and Leslie can wait on that one.

Blog Archive