Friday, October 30, 2009

And life goes on...

Grady had his 2 week check-up today, and he weighed 8 lbs, 11.6 ounces and was 21 inches long, so he is growing. He's pretty much in the 50th percentile for everything. The doctor asked us a bunch of questions about his eating and sleeping habits and his overall temperment. I must say that it was easy to answer these questions because, knock on wood, he is an easy baby just like Drew was. My guess is that we'll pay for this in their teenage years. I suppose I can live with that. His pediatrician even told me that I can let him sleep once I put him down after the 10 pm feeding...yippee! I've been waking him up at 2:30 am to feed him, but we'll just see how long he can go or my boobs can go...

We're gearing up for Halloween now. We'll carve our pumpkin tonight, and we might even roast the pumpkin seeds. I haven't done that in a very long time. Drew has a party at school today, and he's wearing his "fireman" costume as he likes to call it. He used to call it his firetruck car, so we're getting there. We'll head over to Woodstock tomorrow evening to watch the GA/FL game and trick or treat with friends. I'll post pics of that later.

I hate to admit this, but I've been watching and enjoying lots of Yankees baseball lately. It's nice to watch when I'm nursing late at night. Plus, it's been keeping Dave awake for that late night feeding, and I do love the company; although, Dave's been pretty amazing each night by running downstairs to refresh my water or bring me a bottle if we need it. I'm a lucky girl to have such a supportive husband. We also realized the tremendous value of having my parents right here last night (as if we didn't know...), but Dave came home with a migraine, and I'm just now able to get up and down the stairs throughout the day. Anyway, with Dave out of commission for awhile last night, Pops and Gaga were an integral part of getting Drew to eat his dinner, and they read to him, so I could feed Grady.

Drew with his new Thomas the Train shaving set



Drew holding his "Baby Grady"

1 comment:

Tebow's Eye Black said...

We featured your "tribute to UGA" link on our site here:

http://www.tebowseyeblack.com/2009/10/back-to-atlanta.html

Blog Archive