Thursday, November 12, 2009

Watch your mouth...

because kids say the darndest things, especially when they are repeating what they hear their parents say. So on the way home from school today, Drew informed me that he is not a baby, and I am not to call him a baby anymore.

Well, that got me laughing so hard that I was crying because he was just so matter of fact about it. That's actually not the funniest part. While I was laughing about this comment, someone cut me off as I was turning, and I proceeded to yell at this person..."You are a retard." Yes, I said it, and yes, I'm sorry about it for many reasons. Mostly I'm sorry because Drew proceeded to tell me that he is not a tard, and he's going to tell Gaga (my mom) and his Dada that I called him a tard. This makes sense to me because I told him that if anyone was mean to him at school to tell the teacher or another adult...little did I realize he'd have to use this tactic on his own mother, and how did he know I was calling the other driver a retard when I distinctly said, '"You are a retard."

We quickly had a lesson in name-calling and how what mommy said was not nice, and that I am in trouble because I said it, etc...I was still laughing and crying when we called Dave to tell him over speakerphone because Drew said he wanted to call Dada to tell him that I called him a tard. I guess I will have to watch my mouth...luckily he didn't repeat me when I yelled, "You suck, you S-O-B" to Tex as he pulled an entire pack of crackers off the kitchen counter last night. I was due for one of these moments in my life; let's be honest, I'm known for my sailor mouth...well not anymore unless I want my kid to spend every day at school in time out for calling people S-O-B's and tards. So, I'm headed to TIME OUT right now because that's where I belong.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one tard.

Courtney said...

loved this.

Colleen said...

oh that had me laughing.....hugs to all

Blog Archive