Monday, March 22, 2010

2 hours, 16 minutes...not just a pipe dream!

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes and congrats on the half-marathon, but more importantly to Dave (who encouraged me to do it from the beginning - I mean how else was he going to get that 55+ pounds off his "used to be" skinnier wife), to my parents (the best babysitters ever! - especially Mom for getting up at 4 am to come over to stay with the boys this Sunday morning), to Michelle (the first running buddy post-Grady) & her hubby, and to Tracy (the running buddy who got me through mile 11, a groin pull, a head cold, and some other "body issues" that are too graphic and disgusting to post on my blog...even for me!)

We did it! Dave ran an amazing race and came in at 2 hours, 11 minutes! That is an amazing feat for anyone but especially for Dave who has always claimed to hate running. He was a champ! (Please ignore my mullet-like hair. It drizzled on us for most of the race, and if you're a fan of the mullet, well, there you go! Enjoy!)


Me & Tracy - a great running buddy and an even better friend


4 comments:

Michelle said...

You rock Yuhas! You are my inspiration!

shannonmichaelis said...

Wow - I am so amazed! And after having a baby! I wish I could do this!

Lindsey Wilson said...

I can't believe you guys ran that far! That is amazing. Congrats :)

Hope to see you all soon!

Colleen said...

Congrats you two!! So exciting :) Hey I was thinking of planning a long weekend to ATL -June 25-30ish, which I am thinking might back up to when you come back up to NY. However, we will be headed down to the Coggins' Family reunion when you are here....... Way too much coming and going. Anyway, if you can squeeze me in any of those june dates let me know. I have some vacay time to kill between now and July 1. I haven't booked yet, but playing with it.

Blog Archive