Wednesday, July 7, 2010

9 years ago...

today, Dave and I got married on the beach in Destin, Florida. We were lucky enough to have dear friends and family travel from all over the United States to celebrate with us. It was quite a trek for many people, and we are so thankful they were there.

Dave and I met in the fall of 1996 in Owen Hall at Purdue University. I was 18, and he was 19. We didn't start dating until the fall of my junior year though...my fault on that one, but maybe it was better that I waded my way through a few jerks and fun semesters with my girlfriends before we finally got together. I kept him close though by setting him up with many of my sorority sisters...ha!

Well, I must say that after all this time, I am more thankful for him today than I ever knew I would be on that warm August day in the dorms at Purdue. He is really an amazing dad and husband...and truly my best friend.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DAVE!

This pic is a little old (from 2008, I think)....sorry, we're on vacation, and I don't have access to all of our pics, but it will have to do for now.

1 comment:

Amy Phillips said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! That is awesome--9 years! Hope you can go out to celebrate :). Love you!!

Blog Archive