Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Friends...

The past few weekends have been hectic but fun because we spent them with friends we love. Before our unexpected trip to NY, I had the pleasure of entertaining two of my best friends from college, Heaney (Jill) and Griff (Christine). They made a special trip (from Indiana & Boston) to hang out, and they finally got to meet the boys. We mostly sat around talking & laughing, and we did some drinking too. I'm so thankful I got to see them; although, I always feel sooooo short around them.

This weekend I did the 2-day breast cancer walk in Atlanta with some other girlfriends...Katie, Mandy, Meredith, Michelle, Sydney, Sara, Aubrey, and Katie's parents. Katie's mom is a survivor, and we were honoring our friend, Sara Papp, who lost her fight with this disease in the spring. I also walked in honor of the memory of my friend, Paula Buchanan, who I used to teach with in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. She lost her battle a few years ago. I've been lucky enough to maintain a friendship with her sweet son, Drew. I also walked in honor of the memory of my friend Sara Tallent's mom, Ann Gibson. And I wanted to honor Melanie Salmon (a friend from Northview where I currently teach) and Suzanne Ullery (my mom's dearest friend in Destin). It was such an inspirational weekend, and I'm so thankful that I did it....even though my heels and toes have seen better days.

Dave and Paul made sure the kiddos got to greet us when we made our way into Centennial Park on Sunday around noon. At that point, I had walked about 22 miles between 2 days. The other team members were up to 30 miles...! I was in decent shape for the endurance part, but my feet have never hurt so badly in all my life. It was so worth it though.

Drew, Avery, and Finley waiting on the mommies



Avery...and a cool shot taken by Dave


Drew & me - after our "long" 24 hours apart from each other
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive