Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A final post...

So, we're 2 days and counting. I can't figure out if it's more daunting that I know exactly when the baby will be here or if it's worse to not know. I really can't tell you how I'm feeling about that. I can tell you that I am ready to give birth and meet this baby; although, I could hold off on the middle of the night feedings that are about to enter back into my world. Dave's parents arrive tonight, and I'm excited that they will be able to be a part of this experience with us. Drew will be happy to be spoiled by both sets of grandparents over the next few days.

Drew is now potty trained thanks to the peer pressure in his new classroom at school. His teachers, Miss Jackie & Miss Faye, are amazing. They even sent home his pack of pullups for naptime saying that he didn't need them anymore. YES! This is beyond exciting. Of course, I've been warned that he might regress once the baby is here, but these are also the people who want to have in depth conversations with me about what sex the baby is based on how I look and feel...just wait people, we'll all know on Thursday! I know everyone means well, but I need a sign that reads..."C-section, noon, Thurs 10/15, don't know sex, have gained close to 45-50 lbs (I stopped looking at the scale once I knew I outweighed my brother.), 2nd child, 1st one is almost 3 years old, live with parents, so they will help with baby, going back to work full-time in Jan." Maybe I should invent something like that for other moms-to-be; although, maybe I'm the only bitch in the world who doesn't want to answer these questions anymore??!! I'm betting that I'm not the only one.

As I type this, the baby is moving all around. Ok, maybe not all around b/c he/she is soooo big, but I'm getting some serious jabs in the gut and bladder. It's funny to think that the little one will be in my arms in a matter of days. I can't wait!

I did want to take the time to thank my parents and Dave for putting up with me and my immense amounts of crap the last 9 months. I have been a pain in the butt, and let's be honest, the next few weeks could be hell for them too...hormones and sleep deprivation! What did I do to deserve parents who cook, clean, do laundry, and love me & my family (+2 dogs) unconditionally?! And what did I do to deserve a husband who tells me to eat what I want and that I'm pregnant, so not to worry about the weight gain?! I am so lucky because you should see my ass, double chin, and swollen ankles/feet/toes.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Lindsey Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey Wilson said...

Kari!!! I know you are so ready and I am so excited to meet the new baby. I promise I wont awkwardly introduce myself to him/her. Actually, I probably will. :) I will check with Chels to see when is a good time to visit. I am thinking about you all!!!

roland lundy said...

Kari,

Only an apology for the last nine months???

Good luck on Thursday..we will praying for you

Roland

Andi said...

I may be begging for one of those signs in 5 months!

So excited for you, girl! I am thinking about you!

Blog Archive